A Brief History of the Class Championship
From 1928 to 1972, the Class Championships were conducted annually by the Beverly Yacht Club as a single race competition, over an elongated course, and the trophy was the Mary C. B. Cummings Cup, donated for this purpose.
Since 1972, the Championship has been conducted by the H Class Association but hosted by a different Yacht Club each year on a rotating schedule. The competition is usually a series of five races, conditions permitting.
View the list of previous Champions - going all the way back to the first race held in 1928!